[plt-scheme] custom language level

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 1 18:51:58 EDT 2007

Hi all -

This is probably a RTFM question, but I can't track down the doc/links, so
please help ;)

How do I "install" a custom language level in my own environment?  By that I
mean, how do I get mzscheme to recognize my module in the language position?

I currently have my own modules living outside of the c:\PLT\collects
directory in its own (c:\data\svn\scheme\lib) and PLT can require the module
via PLTCOLLECTS environment variable, so the following works:

(module foo mzscheme
  (require (lib "util.scm" "util")) ; my own module...
...)

but I cannot then use the module in the language position (per my
understanding that's how one can create a new language...) - so the
following don't work:

(module foo (lib "util.scm" "util")
 ....)

So are there specific steps that I need to do to make it work?  e.g.
dropping the file into \collects\lang?  If that's the solution, then a
related question would be how one should organize source code so one don't
have to pollute the \plt\collects directory so it works well in the face of
an upgrade.

Thanks,
yinso