[plt-scheme] web programming, continuation, CPS transform, etc.

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 1 14:46:48 EDT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Grant Rettke wrote:

> Thanks for you explanation of the responsibilities of web developers.
>
> Coming from the Java/.NET side of web development, only now are we
> getting mechanisms to make it easy to manage state. Right now I don't
> understand enough about the 3 responsibilities you defined to discuss
> how they are managed in Java or .NET, though.
>
> What documents ought one read to learn more about these
> responsibilities?

Sorry my language assumed a first course on constructing interpreters,
something along the lines of Shriram K's PLAI or Friedman and Wand's
Essential of Programming Languages. If you read the core chapters of
these books, my distinctions will make complete sense.

Again apologies for falling into the role of a PL teacher -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.