[plt-scheme] Unicode in DrScheme

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 24 18:49:36 EDT 2007

On 3/24/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Any unicode character is fine. You can either use your platform's
> editing capabilities to type them in, paste them in from web pages, or
> write string literals like "\uXXXX\uYYYY" where the four Xs and four
> Ys are replaced with the hexidecimal code for a unicode character (See
> http://unicode.org/charts/ for the codes).

Thanks very much. That's really what I wanted to know.

> The files that DrScheme
> stores on the disk are saved in utf-8 (one of many binary encodings
> for unicode characters).
>
> Is there something specific you were trying to do?

I just wanted to know because I might try to implement a reader for a
program which has a repl, so that when I write /\, it might substitute
by unicode \land (in latex) for example. I guess this might be
possible but I'll have to look into it. Knowing about the possibility
of displaying the unicode chars would be the first step.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos