[plt-scheme] Scrollbar/Panel Graphical Toolbox

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 23:36:06 EDT 2007

To the best of my knowledge, scrollbars do not exist as a separate
entity in MrEd.  They only show up as part of a canvas or
editor-canvas.  And canvases cannot currently have controls in them,
though there are ways to simulate controls with snips (there are some
libraries that provide these snips).  From what I understand, these
limitations arise because DrScheme is multiplatform and can only
provide GUI features that would work equally well in the toolkits used
on all platforms.

--Carl

On 3/21/07, Rainer Gross <rainer_gross at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the basic graphical toolbox of MrEd.
>
> And I have two question about it.
>
> FIRST
> I would like to include in a form a scrollbar widget to control  some
> data shown by the form with this scrollbar. But I was looking for a
> scrollbar widget in the documentation with out any luck.
>
> Is there a way to display a scrollbar? For now I am using a slider
> control which provides more or less the action I require but it's
> quite wired from a users point of view. If there really is no
> scrollbar available today are there plans to add a scrollbar in the
> future, and if, when?
> Is there an alternative way to get access to a scrollbar?
>
> SECOND
> I would like to have a scrollpanel or pane in which I could add
> controls in a fixed size form and show it in a smaller window. If
> there is a scrollbar I could implement one on my own but ...
> The canvas class is implementing a scrollable surface but looking at
> the docs its seams that there is no way to add controls to a canvas.
> Any hint how to obtain a scrollpanel?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rainer