[plt-scheme] Versioning

From: a_fasano at hotmail.com (a_fasano at hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 18 06:52:14 EDT 2007

On Mar 16, Antonio Fasano wrote:
> I get
>
> C:\mz-360>open-input-output-file: cannot open output file:
> "C:\mz-360\iconv.dll"
>  (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
> process.; errno=32)
>
> Can you help, please?

   You probably had another mzscheme process running at the time.

==

(Sorry I previously posted with an unregistered mail, causing you problems.)

I am using the tool Filemon from Sysinternals to get the blocking process.

There are  only 3 processes accessing iconv.dll:
MzScheme.exe:2192
MzScheme.exe:2408
svchost.exe:2380

The distinct PID should be because the MzScheme.exe is run twice
(and in fact I get the error the second time).

Using the tool Process Explorer from Sysinternals and based on the PID, I
can see the command line starting the process is
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs".

If I kill the svchost.exe:2380 the error is always there.

Besides it is strange that for the various query/open/close actions on
iconv.dll the result field in Filemon is always SUCCESS and never ERROR.

Based on this, the blocking process could be MzScheme itself, when run the
first time. May be the second time MzScheme is run iconv.dll is not actually
blocked, but simply the process is to fast in asking the resource and so the
system has not released the it yet.

If this should be the case it will suffice to insert a delay in the second
run as to let the system  fully free the resource. I tried to increase sleep
time in winvers.ss from to 10, but this proved no success.

I also used a different box to see if this issue is specific of my system.

Any help appreciated.

Antonio

Posted on the users mailing list.