[plt-scheme] PLT-friendly PDF parser

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 17 12:52:36 EDT 2007

Jose,

On 2007 Mar 15 , at 20.12, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:

> I need to parse PDF files (as in extracting basic metadata and
> plain text contents) for a PLT-based project of mine. Before rolling
> out my own parser: does anyone know of any PLT-friendly library
> providing such (or related) functionality?

I don't know how specifically PLT-friendly it is, but Adobe's XMP
library[1] is concerned with at least adding metadata.  Its metadata-
extraction capabilities might be more concerned with extracting the
metadata it put in, but it might be worth a look nonetheless, if
there's a parser in there or nearby.  I also don't know how
encumbered it is.

All the best,

Norman

[1] <http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/>

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK

Posted on the users mailing list.