[plt-scheme] Please share your comments on the pros and cons of mzscheme + EMACS

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 7 10:41:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:04:09AM -0500, Chongkai Zhu wrote:
>  Richard Cobbe wrote:
> > But back when I was learning Scheme, DrScheme didn't exist yet, so I
> > learned emacs because it was the only real option.  I got over the learning
> > curve because I didn't have a choice, and I still use it as my primary
> > editor.
> > Richard
>  Then how could people that are spoiled by DrScheme nowadays get over the
>  learning curve?

The same way people get over any other learning curve: time, effort, and
talking to people who've already gone through the process (or reading their
books).

Knowing DrScheme doesn't make Emacs any harder to learn than it was
already, and *may* make it slightly easier.

If you're asking why anyone would want to learn Emacs when they already
know DrScheme, then that's a different question.  See Shriram's post in
this thread for some thoughts on that point.

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.