[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 20:42:28 EST 2007

On Jan 29, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> On Jan 28, Woodhouse, Gregory J. wrote:
>> Assuming you're in the root directory, you might try
>>
>> find . -name \*.dylib -print
>> [...]
>
> That's not something you want a program to do every time you want to
> open some .dylib file.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting that. What I was suggesting is that
this is a quick way to see where the files are typically stored.

> [...]

> The thing is that the foreign interface backend simply uses dlopen()
> -- the OSX version is doing things in a weird way, but I'd be
> surprised if it didn't respect these variables.  I think that the
> problem is that the *_LIBRARY_PATHs are not set or some such problem.

In fact, the documentation suggests that these environment variables
can be used if you want to store libraries in an unusual place. That
being said, I think that if you're not developing an Aqua
application, it's fairly reasonable to expect libraries to be stored
in the usual locations (current directory, /usr/lib and /usr/local/
lib).  Oh yes, and users having installed OpenDarwin will have a
number of libraries below /opt/local, too.

Somehow, I think this is just muddying things further!

> --
>           ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli
> Barzilay:
>                   http://www.barzilay.org/                 Maze is
> Life!

Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"Those who are enamored of practice
without theory are like a pilot who goes
into a ship without rudder or compass."
--Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)