[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jan 29 17:26:39 EST 2007

On Jan 28, Woodhouse, Gregory J. wrote:
> Assuming you're in the root directory, you might try
>
> find . -name \*.dylib -print
> [...]

That's not something you want a program to do every time you want to
open some .dylib file.

On Jan 28, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:

> Checking the developer documentation, I see that there are three
> environment variables that are checked when linking to dynamic
> library: LD_LIBRARY_PATH, DYLIB_LIBRARY_PATH and
> DYLIB_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> It seems to me that there are three basic patterns
>
> 1. Dynamic libraries packaged with an application
> 2. Dynamic libraries packaged as frameworks
> 3. Dynamic libraries meant for "ordinary" Unix applications
>
> and the location will vary a bit depending on which is being employed.

The thing is that the foreign interface backend simply uses dlopen()
-- the OSX version is doing things in a weird way, but I'd be
surprised if it didn't respect these variables.  I think that the
problem is that the *_LIBRARY_PATHs are not set or some such problem.