[plt-scheme] Re: [plt-edu] Matthias

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 22 20:09:26 EST 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 6:01 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Matthias Felleisen, spiritual leader of PLT, has just been made an ACM
> Fellow, which is the one of the highest honors in computer science.
> The citation reads, simply, "For contributions to programming
> languages and development environments".  No more needs be said.
>
> Henceforth, please note that you can only refer to him as FELLOW Herr
> Uni-Prof. Dr. Matthias Felleisen, dipl.-ing. etc.  Otherwise his spam
> filter will block your message and he won't even see it.

Thanks to the many congrats, publicly and privately that this message
triggered.

Of course, the honor is really for the entire PLT team, starting with
Matthew, Robby, Shriram and the 20 or so others who have contributed to
the core and ...

... all of you are a part of it .. programmers and educators. Without
this tremendous feedback loop that you make up, things just wouldn't be
the same. I have never separated research and teaching of my 'life
program' and I never will.

As always -- Matthias, and just that :-)

Posted on the users mailing list.