[plt-scheme] Re: Debugging servlets in DrScheme

From: Alexey Goldin (alexey.goldin at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 14:20:57 EST 2007

Hmm, I had the same problem in V350.

Could you please point me what needs to what has to be  changed and
fixed? I am not in a hurry, I have 2-3 months.

I'd like something like text adventure but on web because kids are
having online friends all over the world (via devianart, myspace,
etc ). I believe the web game might be attractive --- it is easy to
show to others. If you need to install DrScheme to try it out, it is
probably much less convenient for their friends to see.

I would like to be able to change code in editor, recompile and see
behavior changed immediately without need to copy scripts to other
directory, restarting webserver, etc. At least as easy as with
Allegroserve.

But thanks for pointers, I'll have a look.

On Feb 10, 10:15 am, Matthias Felleisen <matth... at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Sorry, but the servlet teachpacks haven't worked since v350. This
> is mostly my mistake for not maintaining them properly.
>
> If you are interested in hooking 15 year olds, you may have more
> fun doing it via the world.ss teachpacks. We have an experiment
> running in MA that gets 10 year olds to write (simple) space invader
> games:
>
>  http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP/Extended/index.html
>   (Prologue for HtDP/2e)
>
> -- Matthias