[plt-scheme] literal strings in lib

From: Dave Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Aug 2 09:24:13 EDT 2007

> On 8/2/07, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm currently version controlling my
>> modules (for fluxus) by putting a version into the collection directory
>> name.
>>
>> This means I can install multiple versions side by side and call them
>> from
>> scripts like this:
>>
>> (require (lib "mymodule.ss" "fluxus-0.13"))
>
> You're going to want to distribute via Planet at some point, so I
> suggest you stop working with directories in  PLT-COLLECTS and add
> 'development links' to the Planet cache.  You can do this with the
> planet command line tool.  You basically tell your local copy of
> planet to make a symlink from your local cache to a directory you
> specify.  As Planet has a concept of versions this might make things
> simpler for you.

Ahah - I haven't even looked into planet packaging yet, thanks.

> As for constructing require specs, you have two choices: macros or
> dynamic-require.

I think if there is a standard way to do this via planet (that allows me
to install different versions side by side) I'll go with that.

> BTW, for some reason I think you're in the UK.  Is this the case
> [pawfal.org doesn't say]?

I am! Is it my (correct) spelling of colour? :]

cheers,

dave

http://www.pawfal.org/dave/

Posted on the users mailing list.