[plt-scheme] literal strings in lib

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 2 08:22:00 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm currently version controlling my
> modules (for fluxus) by putting a version into the collection directory
> name.
>
> This means I can install multiple versions side by side and call them from
> scripts like this:
>
> (require (lib "mymodule.ss" "fluxus-0.13"))

You're going to want to distribute via Planet at some point, so I
suggest you stop working with directories in  PLT-COLLECTS and add
'development links' to the Planet cache.  You can do this with the
planet command line tool.  You basically tell your local copy of
planet to make a symlink from your local cache to a directory you
specify.  As Planet has a concept of versions this might make things
simpler for you.

As for constructing require specs, you have two choices: macros or
dynamic-require.

BTW, for some reason I think you're in the UK.  Is this the case
[pawfal.org doesn't say]?

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.