[plt-scheme] 369.10

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 00:15:32 EDT 2007

A few versions ago, DrScheme started saving metadata into the files
for the teaching languages, in order to be able to open the files in
the right language. The metadata took the form of stylized program
text, but was only visible if you were to open the file with another
editor (and was only there if you were using a teaching language).

The format of that metadata has just changed. So, if you saved files
in the teaching languages from earlier pre-release of drscheme, they
will now probably open in the module language. Just change the
language, strip the "module" surrounding the file, and re-save to
convert them to the new format.

This also has ramifications for tools that provide implementations of
the drscheme:language:language<%> interface. I've changed all of those
in our SVN tree (profj, algol60, and the teaching languages), but if
you have such  languages your code may also be affected. Documentation
for the new methods should be out tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Robby

On 4/19/07, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Executable creation for HtDP-language programs remains broken at the
> moment, but we're working on that. Also, executable creation still
> doesn't work with graphical sources that have no direct text analogue
> (such as source using image constants); that one is unlikely to be
> fixed before the next official release, although things like XML and
> comment boxes have worked since v369.6.

This is now nearly done. Everything should work, unless you file
contains image constants (still working on that).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.