[plt-scheme] Redeploying mz-com based applications?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu Apr 19 22:36:36 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

Tonight I took a look at the readme file for mz-com. It sounds like
mz-com is a nice thing to run Scheme in any COM compatible
environment. For example, I could write a system in Scheme and expose
it as a .NET webservice if I so desired.

The documentation seems only to cover the notion of using mz-com on a
computer on which you will set the path and have a normal PLT DrScheme
installation (for the collections, for example).

Is there any notion of redistributing applications that use mz-com? I
understand that I could certainly package up the exe and collections
and redistribute them, but is this how you intended? Is it really this
simple? I could be making it complicated, but then again, I don't want
to go down a path that is obviously wrong, either.

Implicit here, too, is that I would like to distribute my custom code
along with whatever collections are needed. Would I distribute that as
a text file or as a dll?

Lots of questions, but the documentation is pretty sparse.

Has anyone got advice for redeploying mz-com based applications?

Best wishes

Posted on the users mailing list.