[plt-scheme] newbie installation problem on kubuntu edgy

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Apr 21 11:27:59 EDT 2007

On Apr 21, Ronny wrote:
> [...]
> Now I have to throw in the towel. I am not (yet) experienced enough
> with linux to solve this problem by myself, hence my mail to this
> list.  Any hint to get me in the right direction will be greatly
> appreciated!

You talked about many problems, and from all of them, I couldn't see
anything that is related to MzScheme or DrScheme.  It looks like you
had a failure somewhere in the installation, which made things fail,
then you cleaned things up and installed again -- and got a bunch of X
errors from the installer tool.  (X errors cannot happen because of
MzScheme, since it's not using X.)

So, one thing that you can try is some kubuntu mailing list or if you
know people who use it.

But to get things running, you can try our installers -- we don't have
a kubuntu installer, but there are good changes that one of the linux
installers will work for you.