[plt-scheme] threads, memory leakage?

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 08:17:33 EDT 2006

>As for the memory usage, 114MB isn't that much.

At the end of the evening it was up to 165MB. It just increases
about 2MB per test run. It isn't that the server side is very
busy or so. And you know, I'm developing for people with
256MB machines. For those machines, 160MB is much.
Having GC working on swapped out memory isn't very nice
I've heard.

Btw. I don't know if the sqlid drivers I'm using in the server side
backend will work that well with 3m, although that may be
quite easily to fix. I'm pretty sure though, that the mzgtk2 binding
to Gtk+ (v2) that I'm using on the client side will not be usable with
m3 at the moment, without a lot of work involved.

What's more: I don't see increasing memory that much for
mzgtk2 applications. What would you advice in this context?

--Hans