[plt-scheme] threads, memory leakage?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 07:48:02 EDT 2006

Try 3m, if you aren't using it already.  Not only is it
faster (most of the time) but the GC is precise.  The Boehm
GC will leak over time.

As for the memory usage, 114MB isn't that much.  Our
web-server instances settle around 300MB.  I wouldn't only
be worried if it doesn't hit a steady state, so I would
keep  running tests until either memory usage settles down,
or you run out of memory.  Only if the later happens do you
have a leak.  (Alternatively you can insert calls to
collect-garbage and see what happens).

N.

--- Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema <hdnews at gawab.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm running mzscheme 350.2 on my windows box.
> I've got a threading Object Database Server (persistent
> roos) running, listening on TCP 4001. I see memory usage
> increase with each test run of my client program. I[m now
> at client 62 (i.e. 62end thread) and memory usage has
> increased
> from a little 22MB to 114MB now.
>
> Are there any reports on memory leakage using TCP +
> threads
> in mzscheme currently?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers,
>
> --Hans