[plt-scheme] Scheme MUD?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Sep 21 11:10:45 EDT 2006

On Sep 21, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Mark Engelberg skrev:
> > The activity that has most inspired my son to program is playing
> > on MUDs.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD).
> >
> > Does anyone know of a MUD that uses Scheme as the programming
> > language that players use to program new rooms and interactive
> > objects?

IIRC, there were a few MUDs that were either functional or close to
functional.  Aha -- look for "LambdaMOO".  (But I don't think that
are any MOOs that use Scheme.)

> Perhaps DeRoure can help?
>
>      <http://www.cubik.org/mirrors/cm203_mud/>

If anyone is interested in ancient code -- there was a decent MUD-like
game that we used in Cornell for a few semesters.  It was a fun
project -- with a single-player mode, multi-player mode (turn-based),
and network mode.  Having creative students on the course staff made
it very enjoyable (we had different themes in each semester).

Like I said, the code is ancient -- it was used sometimes around
1998-2001.  Heavily based on Swindle.  (But it will probably not be
too difficult to resurrect if anyone's really interested.)