[plt-scheme] SQLite libraries under SunOS

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Sep 15 10:49:22 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, Matt Jadud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's one that has me a bit confused:
>
> =====================
> $ mzscheme -t-- authdb.ss
> Welcome to MzScheme version 352.5, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 PLT Scheme Inc.
> ffi-lib: couldn't open "libsqlite3.so" (ld.so.1: mzscheme: fatal:
> relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so: symbol fdatasync:
> referenced symbol not found)
>
>   === context ===
> /home/matt/plt/collects/mzlib/foreign.ss:148:3
> =====================
>
> and
>
> =====================
> $ uname -a
> SunOS bluej 5.9 Generic_118558-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210
> =====================
>
> This is not a source/Subversion build.
>
> Do I have a library that is too old? Too new?

Sounds like possible reasons.  Also, Sun machines are notoriously
messy -- the problem is that the standard stuff is in standard places,
but department setups tend to choose completely random places to put
extra libraries, and these can be compiled against different libc
versions etc etc.

> Recommendations for how I move forward to debug this problem?

Maybe play around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  You can also try the extreme
-- build the sqlite library from source which will make it more likely
to have the right libraries.