[plt-scheme] Using the macro-stepper

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 7 14:21:10 EDT 2006

I would like to try out the macro-stepper but havent succeeded in
running it yet. I vaguely recall that its only available in svn but
drscheme currently crashes for me on startup. Is there a way I can run
the macro-stepper with a non-svn version and/or maybe the following will
help fix the crash:

Starting up drscheme gives me this error when the logo appears and
things are loading
compile: variable not provided( directly or indirectly and at the
expected position) from module:
|,/home/kazzmir/tmp/ff/trunk/collects/errortrace/errortrace-lib| in:
print-error-trace

Running drscheme through gdb gives this
(gdb) set args -ZmvqL- drscheme.ss drscheme
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/kazzmir/tmp/ff/trunk/bin/mred -ZmvqL-
drscheme.ss drscheme
compile: variable not provided (directly or indirectly and at the
expected position) from module:
|,/home/kazzmir/tmp/ff/trunk/collects/errortrace/errortrace-lib| in:
print-error-trace

0x000000000767393e in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000000000767393e in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000300000001 in ?? ()
#2  0x000000000049b2ce in scheme_get_milliseconds () at fun.c:4745
#3  0x000000000a432cb0 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007ffffffa4560 in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000bd426f in ?? ()
#6  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

Gentoo Linux, amd64, gcc version 3.4.4.

Posted on the users mailing list.