[plt-scheme] How far has anyone gotten toward writing a SOAP connector?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 7 10:33:51 EST 2006

> >to do what I can to support their growth.  I think a lot of the SOAP
> >and WS-* world is a scam imposed on us by people with money to be made
> >by promoting needless (and error-prone) complexity.
>
> I also like the KISS way of thinking. However, a lot of people, not
> only vendors, are looking for this kind of complexity.

Agreed -- I'm not saying all the complexity is unnecessary.  There are
a few cases where I think it would actually give me confidence.

But I'm also a Schemer, which means I am inherently suspicious of
complexity.  Remember this?

  ... should be designed not by piling feature on top of feature, but
  by removing the weaknesses and restrictions that make additional
  features appear necessary.

It's safe to say that WS-* runs directly counter to that.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.