[plt-scheme] xxx chooses MzScheme as preferred language

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 30 12:11:31 EDT 2006

On 30/05/06, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On May 29, 2006, at 6:40 PM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>
> > - unless we could compile all the stuff and make it quick, the stuff
> > would be slow, still that would not make users away (see Gentoo and
> > python);
>
> Are you sure that the scripts in Python are faster than equivalent
> scripts in MzScheme?

Obviously not sure and I have no reason whatsoever to suspect that it
is so. I was just saying that _if_ that is true, I don't think it
would be a problem since gentoo portage system is already slow (in
Python) and that doesn't seem to be a reason for people not wanting to
use Gentoo...

> > - since we do not yet have nice, complete bindings to Qt or GTK2, or
> > to current Wxwindows for that matter, any GUI might be ugly;
>
> True. But does Haskell have bindings to the current wxWindows library?
> Are they as powerful as MzScheme's?

Don't really know.

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm