[plt-scheme] Unix install

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 5 22:32:31 EDT 2006

On May  3, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Wed, 3 May 2006 00:42:45 +0300, Lauri Alanko wrote:
> > On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 07:27:47AM -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > > The conclusion of the discussion was that it would be easy and
> > > acceptable to have all collects in .../lib/plt (Ari mentioned
> > > that this is already done by python, perl, and ruby).
> > [...]
> > Still, it is technically wrong.
> > [...]
> > Still, I realize that conforming to this would require quite a bit
> > of effort, so it may make sense to defer it to unforseeable
> > future.
>
> Sounds like we're on the same page, then.

FWIW, once there is the configuration procedure in place, and all the
relevant pieces of code will use it instead of the current (ad-hoc)
search methods for the various bits, changing things like the
placement of the documentation etc would be very easy -- just change
some parts of the configuration script, and make it write the
different paths wherever the configuration is.