[plt-scheme] 3rd-8th Grade

From: Jim Blandy (jimb at red-bean.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 16:01:54 EST 2006

On 3/18/06, Carl Eastlund <carl.eastlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why aren't the pictures as good as words?  I'll grant that I don't
> know what the drag/drop structure is, but I'm certain I could design
> just as good a visual programming language as there are text ones

Whoa!  I think this was an off-the-cuff remark, but: if you are
certain you could design just as good a visual programming language as
there are text ones, you should give it a try!  I think it's actually
pretty hard.

But I admit I don't really know what I mean by "visual"; I mean,
Scheme code as written by real people is heavily two-dimensional.
Isn't that visual?

Posted on the users mailing list.