[plt-scheme] support for sound or interfaces to sound software

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 11:40:07 EDT 2006

--- Tim Hanson <tbhanson at gmx.de> wrote:

> Have people followed up on any of these ideas?

Well, it looks like Rohan is making steady progress -- the
log shows commits 7 hours ago.  Darcs is distributed, so
you can grab a copy of his code and hack it without
worrying about messing up his repository.

> How does one boot oneself up in those areas? Are there
> "how to"s? Does one need
> to corner a guru for a few hours or days? Teach oneself?)

Teach oneself is the easiest option if you don't happen to
live around Boston, Utah, or Chicago.  That worked for me.
Seeing other Schemers in action is illuminating, as there
are many tricks and tips you can pick up (I certainly
have).  For "How To's" the Cookbook is the best option IMHO
(schemecookbook.org).

HTH,
Noel

AIM: noelhwelsh