[plt-scheme] image manipulation library?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Jan 22 17:49:05 EST 2006

On Jan 19, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> It seems 6.0.1 is not available anywhere:
>
>     <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24099>
>
> So I decided to try
>
>     ImageMagick-6.6.2-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe
>
> It installs some dll's like CORE_RL_magick_.dll, but no libWand.dll.
>
> A search for libWand.dll in Google returns only two hits, the
> first of which is for a development version of ImageMagick for
> Cygwin.
>
> Then I tried to copy all my dll-files from cygwin into the
> same directory, where drscheme.exe is located, but that
> didn't work (I suspected so, but I had to try). The
> "start dll" is cygwand-6.dll.
>
> My personal lesson is, that it is worthwhile to include
> dll-files in, say, PLaneT packages.

I resurrected some hardware, so I now have a FC3 laptop -- with
ImageMagic 6.6.2 installed, and it does have libWand too.  The thing
is that Windows probably have a different naming convention, so the
name may not have a `lib' prefix.  The Wand interface is their API for
language binding.  (It is the best example I have seen so far for a
library that is very friendly for foreign bindings.)  I'll try to find
some time and update the ffi/magick interface.