[plt-scheme] image manipulation library?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Jan 19 17:14:17 EST 2006

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Eli Barzilay wrote:
>> On Jan 19, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

>>> Does it work in Windows? If so I just *have* to dig up a
>>> binary for 6.0.1.

>> It looks for "libWand", version 6.0.1.  On Windows, you may get lucky
>> if you put the libWand DLL in the system directory, and I'm not sure
>> if it will find it if you call it "libWand.dll" rather than
>> "libWand.6.0.1.dll".  Searching for DLLs on Windows and OSX is another
>> thorny issue...
>
> Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

It seems 6.0.1 is not available anywhere:

    <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24099>

So I decided to try

    ImageMagick-6.6.2-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe

It installs some dll's like CORE_RL_magick_.dll, but no libWand.dll.

A search for libWand.dll in Google returns only two hits, the
first of which is for a development version of ImageMagick for
Cygwin.

Then I tried to copy all my dll-files from cygwin into the
same directory, where drscheme.exe is located, but that
didn't work (I suspected so, but I had to try). The
"start dll" is cygwand-6.dll.

My personal lesson is, that it is worthwhile to include
dll-files in, say, PLaneT packages.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard