[plt-scheme] only 2 simple questions

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Sun Jan 22 14:44:10 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:38:51AM -0500, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> Practical 1: There are lots of practical applications of PLT Scheme
> (and other Scheme implementations) but not enough to create job
> openings.

I am surprised at this statement, though perhaps I am interpreting
differently than it was intended.

I'm interpreting it as:

  Scheme has many practical applications, but it doesn't have enough
  practical applications to be used in industry very much.

Am I just dreaming if I think industry usage of Scheme is restricted
more by lack of awareness rather than lack of practical applications?
(where "awareness" includes exposure, education, experience, etc.)

David

Posted on the users mailing list.