[plt-scheme] mzgtk2 planet package

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 15:59:30 EST 2006

Dear All,

I'm preparing the first release of a planet package for mzgtk2.
For WIN32 this is not too difficult. I can prepare a package,
and distribute it pre-compiled with Gtk2 libraries.

The strategy I've chosen is to base mzgtk2 on the latest Gtk2
release header files and fill in the functions not present in an
older Gtk2 library with stubs that generate an error (fprintf, exit)
(telling this function is not present).

I do this by interpreting linker reports on functions not found
in a library (using specialized linker settings on e.g. Linux).
On basis of this interpretation, I generate a C file that contains
all functions.

What would be a good way to make a planet package that
will compile on UNIX?

--Hans

Posted on the users mailing list.