[plt-scheme] Ideas for PLaneT

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 13:19:31 EST 2006

I think it would be a good idea.  I use contracts extensively in the science
collection and I like the idea of the PLT Scheme system using that
information more broadly.  (Maybe the compiler could use it to generate
better code at some point.

I also use contracts extensively in my documentation as a formal statement
of the interface to a procedure (or structure, etc).  I think it works well
for this.  (If you download the science collection from PLaneT, the
reference manual, as a .pdf, (and examples) is (are) in the science.plt
directory in the planet cache.  It's a pain to get to but I didn't see a
better way of making sure it was distributed with the package.)

Maybe the idea of adding the source to the svn repository could be the first
step in getting PLaneT to help with distributed development of code as well
as the distribution.

Doug