[plt-scheme] Announce: SQLI/SQLD PLaneT package

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 6 14:53:48 EST 2006

Well, I know I currently have no needs for Oracle or DB2, and might not
even want the Psql/MySQL driver, either. Therefore, if I were to
download this package to my Powerbook (only wanting to use SQLite), and
the install dies/fails on one of the other packages... where does that
leave me? Do I have to/want to resolve that problem? Or, would be it
better for me to only download the drivers I need?

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
> Yes I've thought about that. But this would result in 6 PLanET packages:
>
> SQLI, SQLD-SQLite, SQLD-Psql, SQLD-MySQL, SQLD-Oracle and SQLD-DB2.
>
> Wouldn't this be a problem?
>
> --Hans
>

> Noel Welsh schreef:
>
>> I don't have a full understanding of the problem, but could
>> the SQLI library not be split into driver and interface
>> libraries?  This would mean the package only tries to
>> compile for the drivers the user actually has.
>>
>> N.

Posted on the users mailing list.