[plt-scheme] Problems with pre-install on Linux

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 2 21:07:34 EST 2006

At Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:14:51 +0100, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
> I'm trying to get an extension to compile some C files on
> Linux, using the pre-install function, during setup-plt.
>
> I've included header files in the distro in the
> $HOME/local/collects/sqlid/*include*
> directory. This works as long as I don't set the PLT_EXTENSION_LIB_PATHS
> environment variable.
>
> However, during the process of compiling linking has to be done
> against -L$HOME/local/lib.

Currently, `pre-install' looks for a single element of
PLT_EXTENSION_LIB_PATHS where both the include sub-dirs and libraries
can be found. So, it just doesn't work for your case.

So, I recommend that you avoid the `include-subdirs' argument of
`pre-install'. Instead, parameterize `current-extension-compiler-flags'
and add -I flags for your directories. (Do the same with
`current-extension-preprocess-flags' if you expect to use 3m support.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.