[plt-scheme] Problems with pre-install on Linux

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Mon Jan 2 07:14:51 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to get an extension to compile some C files on
Linux, using the pre-install function, during setup-plt.

I've included header files in the distro in the
$HOME/local/collects/sqlid/*include*
directory. This works as long as I don't set the PLT_EXTENSION_LIB_PATHS
environment variable.

However, during the process of compiling linking has to be done
against -L$HOME/local/lib. This doesn't work. No problem:
export PLT_EXTENSION_LIB_PATHS=$HOME/local:$HOME/local/collects/sqlid

This generates an error during compile, because only -I$HOME/local/include
is added as compilation flag, where I'd expect -I$HOME/local/include
-I$HOME/local/collects/sqlid/include

What can I expect?

best whishes,

Hans Oesterholt