[plt-scheme] new version of prog langs text (also making, the collection work on r301.5 from svn)

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 7 17:47:54 EST 2006

Geoffrey Knauth wrote:
> The fact that it had the right PLT icon, though, required a one-time
> change telling Mac OS X that PLT owns .plt files, and not
> GraphicConverter.  The "other" .plt is AutoCAD plot-to-file.

Actually, I think it's Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language, for driving
their plotters. Googling "PLT" gets me mostly PLT Scheme links, but
annoyingly enough, the "sponsored" links at the top are about converting
graphics files. GraphicConverter seems to know about huge numbers of
file extensions, and is the application that seems to get invoked
whenever I double-click on a file with an odd extension. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.