[plt-scheme] In search of Linux compatable with DrScheme

From: Michael Vanier (mvanier at cs.caltech.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 10 18:10:30 EST 2006

I've had no serious problems on any Linux distribution I've used, but then I
compile from source.  That includes Red Hat, Debian (testing and unstable), and
Ubuntu (all on x86 machines).  Our sysadmins also install DrScheme on Mandriva
using rpms.  They've had some problems which were due to other problems in the
distribution which only manifested themselves when students used DrScheme, but
they've since resolved those.

If you do have a problem, I've found that bug reports get attended to very quickly.

Bottom line: if you use DrScheme on an x86 Linux, you shouldn't have problems.

Mike