[plt-scheme] DrScheme and non-latin input

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 12:32:35 EDT 2006

At Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:39:26 +0400, Max Vasin wrote:
> Is it posible to input non-latin characters (I need russian) in DrScheme
> under GNU/Linux? Currently used locale is ru_RU.KOI8-R. Running
>
> $ env LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 LC_ALL= drscheme
>
> makes no effect.

I'm not sure. DrScheme uses XIM under X to get keyboard input. My
impression is that this is the right way to support locale-sensitive
input, but maybe DrScheme should do something else, or maybe DrScheme
doesn't use the XIM interface correctly? Any advice on this point is
welcome.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.