[plt-scheme] streams; event-handling

From: Gregory Cooper (greg at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 09:02:43 EDT 2006

Hi Nick,

>         Do you think it would be sensible writing an application in
> MrEd->FrTime?  (I'm trying to develop a text editor.)  It seems very
> appealing, but how exactly preliminary is this system?  Is the
> functionality wrapped from MrEd likely to change drastically in the
> future, or by "preliminary" do you mean that more libraries will be
> imported over time but the core so far won't change much?

Very sorry for the delay.  The interfaces to the widgets that we've
wrapped so far should be fairly stable, but these do not include the
editor% class, which is significantly more complex than the others.
Still, the principles described in the paper Shriram mentioned should
apply (i.e., use event-receiver and send-event to translate callbacks
into FrTime event streams).

Also, there is a graphics library for FrTime based on the MrEd canvas,
which might work well for the example you posted initially
(PLTHOME/collects/frtime/animation.ss).

Hope this helps.  My email access should be better for the next
several days, so responses should be faster if you have any questions.

Greg