[plt-scheme] streams; event-handling

From: Nicholas Chubrich (chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 12 14:18:46 EDT 2006

Shriram---
        Thanks!  I had no idea I was talking about functional-reactive
programming.  It takes a while to learn what the names of things are.  (In
my last message in reply to Robby Findler I was apparently setting out to
re-invent the wheel...)
        Do you think it would be sensible writing an application in
MrEd->FrTime?  (I'm trying to develop a text editor.)  It seems very
appealing, but how exactly preliminary is this system?  Is the
functionality wrapped from MrEd likely to change drastically in the
future, or by "preliminary" do you mean that more libraries will be
imported over time but the core so far won't change much?

Nick Chubrich.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Along more experimental lines, you may find interesting the connection
> between MrEd and FrTime.  To learn about it, please see
>
> http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Papers/Published/ick-adapt-oo-fwk-frp/
>
> FrTime is our functional reactive programming language.  You can learn
> more from choosing the FrTime language level and reading the
> documentation in Help Desk on "frtime", reading a paper
>
> http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Papers/Published/ck-frtime/
>
> as well as browsing the programs in
>
>   PLTHOME/collects/frtime/demos/
>
> A preliminary version of the MrEd/FrTime connection is in demos/gui/,
> with its own demos in demos/gui/demo/ [sic].
>
> Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.