[plt-scheme] MrEd Designer.

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 1 22:03:49 EST 2006

On 4/1/06, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Also, in partial response to Carl, one of the desiderata for PLaneT is
> to avoid as many extra requirements as we can, so I doubt we'll be
> forcing people to specify a license anytime soon, but probably we
> should find a way to make it easy to specify one.

I certainly don't want to force anyone to do anything.  If someone
insists on retaining ownership of code, but is willing to let others
use it, I certainly won't pass it up.  But I wish it were harder to
forget to open source a package.

Why not add a 'license.txt' field to the info.ss for PLaneT packages?
Submitters already (ought to) go through that list of fields to see
what they want to enter, the mere presence of that field (hopefully
high on the list) would remind people to make such a file.  This has
the added benefit of not actually changing the submission process
(from the submitter's point of view), and whatever script puts
packages on the website can harvest that file and put up a link to it.

--
Carl Eastlund
"Cynical, but technically correct."