[plt-scheme] Beginner question about standalone files

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 20 12:49:06 EDT 2005

Anders,

You want to look at "Building a Stand-alone Executable" in the "mzc"
documentation (search for 'mzc' in the Help Desk). Note that for anyone
to use the program you wrote, they will need to install the "Frameworks"
(under OS X) or "DLLs" (under Windows), dynamic libraries (under *NIX),
to execute the program.

The "stand-alone" compilation bundles a bytecode-compiled version of
your code with MzScheme (command-line) or MrEd (GUI).

The dynamic libraries can be grabbed from

http://download.plt-scheme.org/dynamic-libraries/

You will need to compile the file separately on each platform (I
believe), but the same source should run without change on each, unless
you do something particularly platform specific.

Cheers,
Matt