[plt-scheme] a documentation request

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Sep 20 10:57:43 EDT 2005

On Sep 20, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:
> My tech support people humbly request that for the next release,
> could a readme describing the places where files are placed by a
> DrScheme installation please be added?

The PLT installer is a standard OSX Installer -- so they can find the
list of files in "/Library/Receipts/PLT Scheme vNNN.pkg/".  (It's in
"Contents/Resources", a .bom file that can be used with the `lsbom'
command).

> The mode of operation here seems to be to build on one machine and
> then copy to others. Under Mac OS X Server, they didn't copy over
> the material in /Library/Frameworks, and the DrScheme application
> simply wouldn't launch during our first lab yesterday.

This will be in similar Receipts directories -- "MzScheme Framework
vNNN.pkg" and "MrEd Framework vNNN.pkg".

If they install lots of things, they should probably use this
information.