[plt-scheme] PlaneT, plts and distributing software.

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at place.org)
Date: Mon Oct 31 17:24:06 EST 2005

John Clements writes:

 > On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:
 >

 > > --- Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:
 > >

 > >> I know that, but I do not want to do that, I don't want
 > >> drscheme to download
 > >> anything, I want to download them myself and install it.
 > >>

 > I think this is a perfectly reasonable request.  In particular,
 > Pupeno would like a way to read the source code before running it.

It would be great if you could browse the source code (and other
files) in a PLaneT package directly from http://planet.plt-scheme.org/.
You can already read the doc.txt file, so I (naively) imagine it's not
hard to extend this to make the other files in the package browsable
(with suitable index pages).

Of course, usually what I really want is to browse the SVN/CVS tree
that the package source came from... but I guess that's up to the
package authors to make available (directly or indirectly) via the
"homepage" field in the info.ss file.

--dougo at place.org

Posted on the users mailing list.