[plt-scheme] PlaneT, plts and distributing software.

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Oct 25 19:19:50 EDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> --- Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:
>

>> I know that, but I do not want to do that, I don't want
>> drscheme to download
>> anything, I want to download them myself and install it.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable request.  In particular,
Pupeno would like a way to read the source code before running it.

Fortunately, the command-line planet program _might_ do this:

pcp012640pcs:~/seminar/solutions/4 clements$ planet --help
planet [ <flag> ... ]
where <flag> is one of
<min> :
|   Install local file <plt-file> as though it had been downloaded from
|   the planet server.  The installed package has path
|     (planet (<owner> <plt-file's filename> <maj> <min>))
| -c <path>, --create-archive <path> :
|   Create a PLaneT archive in the current directory
|   whose contents are the directory <path>
|   Download and install the package
|   would install
|   Download the given package file without installing it
|   Remove the specified package from the local cache
| -U, --unlink-all :
|   Clear the linkage table, unlinking all packages and allowing
upgrades
| -p, --packages :
|   List the packages installed in the local cache
| -l, --linkage :
\   List the current linkage table
   --help, -h : Show this help
   -- : Do not treat any remaining argument as a flag (at this level)
/|\ Brackets indicate mutually exclusive flags.
Multiple single-letter flags can be combined after one `-'; for
   example: `-h-' is the same as `-h --'

Does the '-i' flag evaluate any of the new collection's code?

John