[plt-scheme] PLT Server Web Hosting

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 16:41:40 EDT 2005

--- Paulo Jorge Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, I would like some hints, tips, etc on this. Are you
> using the plt
> web server anywhere? How do you do that? Pay? Run your
> own server???

We (Untyped) have the PLT web server running for some
private projects.  The PLT web server is started by a
script in /etc/init.d/ Apache is configured to forward
requests to it, and  for security the PLT server only
accepts requests from the localhost.  We currently rent a
linux VM from Bytemark; there are equivalent offers in
other parts of the world.  We've outgrown this box and will
be moving to some much more powerful hardware in the near
future.  About this time we'll be running some bigger
projects on the PLT web server, which will require some
benchmarking work that has yet to reach the top of my todo
list.

Cheers,
Noel

PS: Currently the webserver has been running since Sep 20
and is taking 5522KB of RAM.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/