[plt-scheme] PLT Server Web Hosting

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 15:59:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

Hope many people read this out since I would like as much info as
possible. I've been receiving comments on schemept.org should be
written in Scheme... Oh well, I couldn't agree more but...
1 - My work server has PHP modules working for apache but is not
running PLT Webserver, and the admin won't run it. Well, I can't see
how I, as being a simple user can configure it to run the PLT
Webserver without special privelegies. I've seen an article somewhere
(by Noel, I think, sorry if I'm wrong) where I could do this but I
still would have to start the webserver as soon as the server starts
which would need special previlegies.

2 - I could run my own host but that would be probably much more
expensive than paying a web hosting company with the plt webserver
running for hosting my page.

Now, I would like some hints, tips, etc on this. Are you using the plt
web server anywhere? How do you do that? Pay? Run your own server???

Thanks for all the input you might give, ;)
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm