[plt-scheme] mzc --gui-exe

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 27 11:32:19 EDT 2005

At Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:11:40 +0200 (CEST), Ivanyi Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The problem is that --gui-exe can't handle DLLs, and the "sgl"
> > collection uses them.
>
> Does it mean that with the 20x series it is not possible to
> compile an application with openGL?? Maybe with a
> work-around, like compile everything but keep the sgl DLL-s
> separate?? How can I do the later?
> Or is it too difficult?

It should be possible to create a module with the same signature as the
DLL-based module, but which dynamically loads the DLL and extracts the
relevant functions. So it's technically possible, but maybe only by
changing the "sgl" collections, and I'm not sure how difficult that
would be.

> Does it mean that with the 299.X series I _can_ compile an
> app with OpenGL?? (Sorry, but "--gui-exe can work with GL"
> is not the same as --gui-exe _will_ work with GL and I am
> not sure.  :-)) )

It _works now_. :)

For example, in 299.405 and given the following content of jewel.ss:

 (module jewel mzscheme
   (require (lib "jewel.ss" "games" "jewel")
            (lib "unit.ss"))
   (invoke-unit game-unit))

then

 mzc --gui-exe jewel.exe jewel

produces a "stand-alone" executable for your Jewel game (that requires
only the usual MzScheme, MrEd, and GC DLLs).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.