[plt-scheme] PLaneT and beta releases

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 21 08:53:12 EDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 4:26 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> [...] I'm adding some new functionality
> that requires new functionality in B.  This is a big change
> so I want to work on both A and B for some time before I
> release them.  Suddenly all is not good.  I have to change
> all references to B in A to use a normal collection
> directory so that I can see my local changes to B.  Then I
> have to change them back when I release.  Woe is me!

I've recently come to the same conclusion -- at the moment,
developers just have to build their code into packages and inject
those packages into their local PLaneT caches using the command-line
tool if they want to see their code the way others do, and that seems
hairy to me. You see this problem even when you're just developing a
single package. I'm not sure how to get around it yet, but I'm
thinking about it ...

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.