[plt-scheme] include-bitmap and mzc -[gui-]-exe

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 14 09:06:02 EDT 2005

At Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:31:34 -0400, Dave Herman wrote:
> I'm trying to build an executable with mzc --gui-exe, but if the code
> being compiled requires (lib "framework.ss" "framework"), I get a
> runtime error that it can't find the `icons' collection. This appears to
> be caused by the occurrences of (include-bitmap (lib <<whatever>>
> "icons")) within framework/private/icon.ss.

No, it's caused by `(make-object bitmap% ... (colleciton-path "icons") ...)'
in "mrlib/syntax-browser.ss".

In the SVN trunk, I changed "syntax-browser.ss" to use `include-bitmap'
(which is designed to solve exactly this problem). Then something else
is looking for "framework", so we'll have to look more.

> b) How hard would it be to make some kind of "resource tree" facility
> such as Java's?

With forms like `include-bitmap', we're attempting to pull everything
into modules, instead of having to invent an extra-linguistic solution.
We may have to do something like this to make other things work,
though, such as extra DLLs.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.