[plt-scheme] On the Internationalization of DrScheme

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 7 08:08:24 EDT 2005

At Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:46:58 +0100, Paulo Jorge Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll be releasing tonight (8th Oct. 00.00 GMT) the first version of a
> preliminary translation of DrScheme to Portuguese in the Portuguese
> Scheme Portal[1]. Although the way PLT-Scheme approaches translation
> is quite nice, it's not very pratical, I think. Since its use on a
> larger scale (other applications) is limited, but I think something
> nicer would be simpler to create (maybe I'm wrong!).

What did you have in mind?

> However, on DrScheme, what's the best way to keep portuguese
> translation up-to-date?
>
> How are other translation maintainers doing it?

I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but people just
email me the new *-string-constants.ss files, and I check them into the
SVN repository.

> [1] http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm/scheme_portal

I poked around on the Portuguese Scheme Portal looking for an updated
file, but I guess it isn't there yet? When it does arrive, please just
send me a link to the file.

Thanks,
Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.